Mobile water filter
My parents have been using a Berkey for a very long time. I consider this as the best mobile water filter on the market.
- removes viruses and bacterias
- reduces protozoas, heavy metals and pharmaceutical drugs
- 3,25 gallons
- Purification Elements lasts for up to 6,000 gallons
A smaller and lighter alternative is a Katadyn Expedition filter. Perfect for a larger group of people.
– ceramic filter
– removes bacteria, protozoa and other disease-causing agents
– cartridge life of 26,000 gallons
Water filters for home use
The best on the market is probably this Springwell. It even removes chlorine, one of the most added chemicals. The filter can be used for all your taps at home.
– removes chlorine, bacteria, harsh chemicals, and heavy metals
– lifetime warranty
– filters up to 1,000,000 gallons
A good one in a different price category is the 3m Agua-pure. It can be used for all your taps too.
– reduces sediment as well as chlorine taste and odor
– stainless steel inside
– 100,000 gallons capacity
– 25 year warranty
Another great solution is a alkaline water ionizer. Perfect for your kitchen tap.
– for 3 different types of water: alkaline, acidic and non-ionized.
– removes the bad taste, odors, organic matter, residual chlorine, etc.
– runs on electricity, on one tap
This Greatwell is a new generation reverse osmosis water filtration system.
– removes over 1,000 contaminants including lead, fluoride, arsenic, hormones, asbestos, bacteria, giardia and viruses.
– to be installed under the kitchen encounter, for one tap
These are filters that use as less plastic material on the inside as possible. There are a lot of cheaper solutions on the market, but most of the time the water flows through plastic. Go for quality, not for cheap. Think about the cost of all the plastic bottles that you will not be buying from now on and put that money towards a good quality filter.